I LOVE dogs (surprise surprise) and most animals for that matter. I knew there had to be a few more reasons to have a dog than just "companionship," so I set out to find out some.
#1 - They can help you carry a load.
Shane figured out reason #2. Lets just say I was indisposed and Shane sent Kita to my rescue. It saved me the embarrassment of having Shane catch a peek of me in my distress!
I should note Kita will carry anything to you. We trained her to get her own dish so we don't have to go get it to fill it with her food. She also brings in the paper (after pouncing it and sometimes letting the paper fall out of the bag). She even handed out out our "Thank you" cards one time. (Nothing says thanks like a few teeth marks on a note.)
So, Brent, dogs are great for things other than just companionship.
3 comments:
I loved this post! Thanks for sharing. I want to meet you dog...so stinking cute and smart! i need to teach my dog how to help out more.
There is one thing to have a crazy dog, but Kita is an AMAZING DOG! and you can add, to entertain kids to your list. She sure entertained Jack at the soccer games.
This was a great post. I LOVE animals too! I have never been without an animal - one day when we are settled we'll get a Dog too...Tigger, our cat will have to do for now. :)
p.s. I like #3. I am glad that you have a dog to prevent you from killing people. :)
Post a Comment