Thursday, March 10, 2011

Weekend cap

The Elder's Quorum put on a game night this past weekend. There was a GREAT turnout! We played Catch Phrase, Blokus, a crazy version of Uno where you hit yourself in the forehead if 2 yellow cards come up - smack your chest for 2 red - reach for the sky for 2 blues- and touch the ground for 2 greens. We also played Ninja, Jenga, and What.

We of course played guys vs. girls. So much fun! I get so excited in anticipation of what the word is they are trying to explain. I tend to shriek - EEK!
***************************************
We are really getting into this snowsheoing thing. We went up again this past weekend but not before we scored a pair of great shoes for Shane off of KSL. (Now we only have to borrow some for me.)
We didn't end up using the snowshoes b/c everything was packed down and it was a nice day. In hind sight, the snowshoes would have been nice when we decided to blaze our own trail. However, we had a great time punching in holes in the snow up to our hips and laughing as we tried to get out of the hole since our other leg was on top of the snow. It made for an awkward situation to get out of.

We found a snowcave that the scouts built. We wanted Kita to get in it. First she went on top.
Then she ran in and out of it. "Hold still so we can get a picture of you sitting in it!"
Finally, she sat for a picture.
I love how Shane is posing, meanwhile Kita dug a hole and is sticking her head in it.That dog makes me laugh!
************************************
My dear, dear friend April came into town on Monday. She and I played soccer together at UVU and I love her!! Her awesome hubby, Alex came too. Alex made us a delicious dinner when we all got together. That man can cook!
It was so great to see them both - they make me laugh! Both of them came to the clinic and let me clean their teeth. Love you guys! I hope you visit again soon or that we can visit you in Virginia.

2 comments:

Kara and Cody Markham said...

K im so jealous about your snow shoeing. I want to go, it looks like a lot of fun!!
Cant wait to see you guys in April!

Jordan & Brooke Brady said...

ok so jordan's cousin and his wife are totally in that picture at your game/date night thing. haha, how funny. I guess they're in your ward. small world!