Saturday, January 28, 2012

It's about time

There is finally enough snow to get out and snowshoe. Shane and I have been chomping at the bit to go since it started to get cold. Last year Utah had the most snow ever in a winter - this year - not so much. We could have gotten away with hiking in our snow boots for most of the time.
Despite the lack of an overabundance of snow, it was absolutely gorgeous. I'm really going to miss being able to drive just a few minutes and find myself isolated and surrounded by Heavenly Father's creations. So many people can't wait to get out of "Happy Valley" and move on with their lives. I'm very happy where I'm at. (In case you didn't know, Shane and I will be moving during this coming year. I'm already nostalgic.)
We tend to get confused looks when we talk about how much we love to snowshoe.

"So you are walking in the snow with funny shoes?"

We sure are!

I have come to realize that Kita really does make it much more entertaining and enjoyable.
* If there is a hole in the snow, her head goes in it.
* When we pass a stream, she jumps in and hunts for pet rocks.
* When she gets excited about something, she bounces through the snow like a rabbit.
*
Oh and it's really funny when she falls down or gets stuck in deep snow.

What an awesome day. I'm still praying for more snow!

4 comments:

Tyson and Taylor Beaman said...

looks like fun! Where are you moving?

Rachel Coons said...

That looks so awesome! We totally want to try it with you guys!

Rachel & Darrin said...

How fun! I've always wanted to try snowshoeing. I didn't know you were moving either, do you know where?

Angie said...

Ahhhh, Utah is SO beautiful! Thanks for posting all these pictures, I loved them. I like to hear that someone appreciates Happy Valley and Utah for how gorgeous it is! I love it there and never had the urge to get out like some people talk about. :)