Saturday, May 5, 2012

What the elf?

 
 Doesn't this shirt make you laugh?  I was rolling when I saw Taylor stroll into a soccer game with this shirt.  He knows how to find the best stuff at DI.  Thanks to him I started taking my camera to our soccer games just so I could capture some of the funny moments that make Pete Chilcutt the best team to play for.  
This sweatshirt has Santa on skiis with the caption It's all downhill - it was another knee slapper

Our team, Pete Chilcutt, was in the intermediate coed division and we won that league twice.  They give our t-shirts when you win, so for our second championship t-shirt we had them put Re-Pete Chilcutt as our name.  (I thought that was so clever I told Shane at least a dozen times about how we were Pete Chilcutt and now Re-Pete Chilcutt.  He would smile every time and let me giggle over the serendipitous situation of our team name and our winning of the league twice.)  

After winning twice, the league director made us move up to the upper division.  We couldn't move up though b/c that division plays on Wednesday nights and that wouldn't fly for several of our players.  In a compromise, we moved to the upper division  and they kept us on Monday nights but at 11pm every week.  It seemed like a horrible time at first, but I came to love our late nights.  (Probably b/c I get slap happy late at night.)  I would literally laugh while playing and the boys would tease me about being so giggly.  I'm sure it was highly annoying to the other team. 

I don't think I was the only one who had issues with the late hour of our games.  
Taylor brought music and danced before each game.  It provided great entertainment.

We just ended our third season, and guess what - We are THREE-Pete Chilcutt!!!  I've told Shane at least 2 dozen times about the progression of our name.  He continues to smile and humor me in the fact that I'm entertained by the simplest of things.  I only have one more game to play with this team before I move.  It really is going to be sad to leave them...

No comments: