Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Baby Reveal

Back when I was 21 weeks along, we tried to find out what we were having.  We had it all planned out.  We would ask the ultrasound tech not to tell us but instead wrap up one of the two baby outfits I brought (one was for a girl, one was for a boy) that corresponded to its gender.  Later we would open the "present" and would be surprised as we found out what we were having with our family.  Alas, despite our planning, the baby was breech so the ultrasound tech couldn't get any sort of indication as to the gender of our baby.     

4 weeks later, we tried again.  This time our doctor, our friend at the front desk, and the ultrasound tech got in on our game.  Our doctor, who I think is absolutely hilarious for no other reason than the fact that he talks really fast, along with the ultrasound tech took a looksie at the baby.  They went out into the hall and had a mini conference to make sure they concurred on its gender.  Then they told our friend at the front desk what we were having and she excitedly wrapped up one of the outfits.  

I hadn't gotten my hopes up that we would find out at this appointment, so it was surreal to know that in just a little bit we would know what our oldest child would be.  Shane was incredibly adorable with the situation.  I asked him to hold the bag while I used the ladies room to which he replied, "You can't leave me alone with this! I'll peek!"  Later, while we were at my parents house, he kept smiling at me and then asked, "When are we opening it?"  Finally, after dinner, but before dessert he couldn't take it anymore.  "Can we open it now?!?!"  

The time had come.  This was really happening.     
I loved being able to share this moment with family.  Isn't Taylor, my sister's adorable little girl so cute!?

9 comments:

M said...

This is why we love you two! Congratulations!!! I'm making a point to come up your way with a present before you have her. No excuses! Luv ya. -Apes

Tyson and Taylor Beaman said...

Yay! So fun! Congrats again....now the real fun starts...finding a name. It is a big decision. :)

Kirsten said...

That was so fun to watch! Congratulations!!!

The Stones said...

SO EXCITED!!! Also, you think everyone is SOOO funny for now reason! I love you girl and can't wait to see you and meet this girl. She's going to be gorgeous.

P.S. Oh to live on Courtney's tradition when I found out about Emma, she congratulated me by this and I will repeat to you, "I hope she isn't a skank!"

Andrea said...

YAHOOOOOOOO! Girls are the best! So excited for you guys!

Bobbi and Tyrel said...

First, who is "The Stones"? I like their comment and I share their hopes for your daughter.

Anyway . . . That was so cute! I love it! Congratulations and I'll see you on Saturday!

Jer said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you!

Angie said...

Awwwww. This made me smile. So exciting! And fun to see you guys on video! I really like you two.

Angie said...

Oh and I have to know, was The Stones comment referring to Courtney Robbins? Somehow I am not surprised that that is something she would say. :)